Saturday, December 4, 2010

I love you madly, madly Madam librarian

In the last few months I have been freakishly lucky while shopping thrift stores.  Look at these:



While visiting my parents, one thing that frequently happens is that my stepmother and I go thrift/vintage shopping. (My stepmom is the only person I know who has a shopping stamina to match my own and she is really good at finding cheap, gently-used cashmere.  She's magical.)  While out, we saw these shoes:


While convincing myself to buy them, I said something along the lines of, "If it looks like a librarian would wear it, I will probably buy it."  One of those anal-retentive but ultimately sassy and lovable librarians.

These are so dorky, and so comfortable:



I didn't have a pair of blue heels until these bad boys, which are begging to be worn with obnoxiously colored and/or printed tights:






Now I can live out my hidden wish to be a librarian all day, every day.

P.S. Yes, I have orange walls. They are spectacular.



*all photos by me

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog!
    please visit my blog and you may win a GIVEAWAY!
    TheGreenPoet

    http://everydaygiveaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, love love love all these shoes!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete